Quantcast
Connect with us

Michigan pro-Trump rally draws 50 wall supporters: ‘Minorities are being used by Communists for political gain’

Published

on

According to a report in the News-Herald, a Michigan rally to support President Donald Trump and his drive for a border wall drew slightly over 50 participants on Saturday who held up signs and waved flags on the street fronting a local mall.

Sporting signs that read “Secure Our Border” and “Build the Wall 2019,” the smattering of Trump fans showed up for the event organized by Jazmine Early, a member of the Sterling Heights/Utica Republicans, with support from the Michigan Trump Republicans organization.

Speaking with the News-Herald, participants expressed dismay at what they believe is an alien invasion coming across the border far to their south, with organizer Early — who came into the U.S. from Columbia in 2000 — saying, “The people coming here illegally are building blocks for Communists. It hurts me that minorities are being used by Communists for political gain.”

A similar rally was held last month in Bloomfield Hills, organized by a group calling itself “Women for the Wall,”  drew approximately 300 rally-goers.

In an interview, Patty McMurray, co-founder of Michigan 100 Percent Fed Up claimed, “People who don’t want the wall think we’re racist. That’s not true. The only thing we want is for people who come here to do it legally and be thoroughly vetted.”

ADVERTISEMENT

According to the report, “Rob Cortis of Livonia drove his 2004 GMC Yukon to pull his ‘Trump Unity Bridge’ trailer to the event. Decorated with large white letters that spell ‘Build The Wall’ plus numerous pro-Trump messages and a replica of the Statue of Liberty. The trailer, which measures 41 feet long from front to the ends of flag poles attached to the end carry the Stars & Stripes, was parked as patriotic music was played. Cortis said he visited the contiguous 48 states in the Yukon and trailer during the 2016 presidential campaign.”

Trump supporter Brian Pannebecker isn’t sure that the president will be able to get his border wall funding, but also doesn’t believe that Trump will subject the country to another shut down such as the one that just lasted 35 days.

“I don’t think there’s any way in hell Donald Trump will shut down the government again. He learned his lesson,” said Pannebecker, who heads up Autoworkers for Trump 2020. “He’ll have to compromise or declare a national emergency.”

ADVERTISEMENT

You can read more here.


Report typos and corrections to [email protected].

Send confidential news tips to [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Unhinged Trump fan facing multiple charges after stalking Georgia woman and plastering her car with Trump stickers

Published

on

According to a report in the Gwinnett Daily Post, an overzealous fan of Donald Trump is facing multiple charges -- including stalking --by  plastering her car with Trump stickers, harassing her and then following her in his work vehicle.

Sharon Wood of Lawrenceville, who is the vice-chair of the Gwinnett County Democratic Party, admitted that the back of her car is covered in stickers supporting liberal causes, which made her a target for one of President Trump’s boosters.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

White woman threatens to call cops on black man after he splashes her car with water during rainstorm

Published

on

In yet another story of a white woman having a meltdown because a black person was doing, well, basically nothing, BET reports that a black man driving down   a flooded street during a rainstorm was threatened by a white woman saying she would report him to the police for splashing her car.

Or, as the poster of the viral video, @sewellwells wrote on Instagram: "So this LADY  bout to call the COPS  on me cause my Car wet her Car."

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Trump campaign associate faces new child sex trafficking charges: report

Published

on

George Nader, a key witness in special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation, will reportedly face new federal charges of child pornography, sex trafficking and obscenity.

A new indictment will be unsealed Friday in the Eastern District of Virginia, adding to separate child-porn charges filed by the same prosecutors last month, according to a source who spoke to The Daily Beast.

The 60-year-old Lebanese-American businessman testified before Mueller's probe to discuss his meetings with Trump campaign associates during the 2016 election campaign and during the early days of the administration.

Continue Reading
 
 
 

Copyright © 2019 Raw Story Media, Inc. PO Box 21050, Washington, D.C. 20009 | Masthead | Privacy Policy | For corrections or concerns, please email [email protected]

Join Me. Try Raw Story Investigates for $1. Invest in Journalism. Escape Ads.
close-image