Quantcast
Connect with us

Kentucky car dealership owner lashes out at Trump on CNN over trade war that could put him out of business

Published

on

A Kentucky car dealer lamented that he’s never going to be able to grow his business if President Donald Trump’s trade war continues on this track.

In an interview with CNN that aired Thursday, Steve Gates boasted his nine dealerships in three states with nearly 700 employees. He wants to hire more people and “add rooftops,” but Trump’s trade war is causing him some fear.

“Scared because the president’s trade fight with China and the world taking a bite out of the automotive industry, slowing sales, crimping growth, creating uncertainty,” the report revealed.

He called it “unfair” because he works “so hard” daily but the politicians are dictating his future.

“It just seems wrong,” he said.

Gates isn’t alone. A firm that tracks job losses found that nearly 20,000 jobs in the automotive sector are now gone and there’s an expectation that 25 percent of those jobs are about to go next.

ADVERTISEMENT

“The U.S. Auto industry hit by tariffs and price increases for over a year now,” CNN reported. “First due to steel and aluminum tariffs in March 2018. Then tariffs on Chinese-made car parts in July and again in September last year. Then last week, even higher tariffs imposed again on Chinese auto parts among other materials. Here in Kentucky, it’s not just car production and sales feeling the tariff pinch.”

Stories have mostly been about struggling farmers, who were promised a bailout by the Trump administration. It didn’t do much to stop the bleeding.

At least one soybean farmer said that he’s being forced to take $65,000 out of his own savings to plant a crop this season. Planting is better than not planting because he knows he’ll lose money, but he’ll lose less money that way. One farmer proclaimed he would never vote for Trump again.

As of January 2018, the trade war cost Americans $13 billion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Watch the full report below:

Report typos and corrections to [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump leveled by retired general for making Iran war decisions based on advice from Fox News hosts

Published

on

During a panel discussion on the increased tensions between the U.S. and Iran after a drone was shot down by the Middle Eastern country in international airspace, a retired general claimed he was worried about Donald Trump's response based upon who it appears the president listens to when it comes to advice.

Speaking with host John Berman, retired Lt. General Mark Hertling warned that the shootdown was a dangerous provocation.

"It's huge, John," Hertling explained. "You can go all the way from backing down completely to a full-scale war -- that's what's dangerous about this situation."

Continue Reading

CNN

CNN panelist stumps host with Trump logic: ‘You can statistically say anything but I don’t see it’

Published

on

A Trump supporter on Thursday brushed off statistics showing that hate crimes have been rising since President Donald Trump's election by claiming that he has not personally seen any additional hate crimes.

During a CNN voter panel, host Alisyn Camerota quoted from official statistics showing a significant increase in hate crimes committed since Trump's upset victory in 2016.

Trump supporter Darrell Wimbley, however, wasn't buying it and he cited his own personal experiences to prove his point.

"You can say that, but I truly don't believe it because I don't see it," he said. "I can statistically say anything but I don't see it."

Continue Reading
 

CNN

Andrew McCabe rains hell on ‘insanely stupid’ Trump in epic rant before calling for impeachment hearings

Published

on

Appearing on CNN's "New Day" on Thursday morning, former acting FBI director Andrew McCabe unleashed hell on President Donald Trump for launching yet another unprovoked attack on him, saying the president says lots of "stupid things."

On Wednesday evening, the president smeared McCabe, with Trump calling him "terrible" and saying he couldn't do anything -- including go to the bathroom -- without former FBI Director James Comey's permission.

Given a chance to respond by CNN's John Berman, McCabe didn't hold back.

"You know, I've been listening to the president say insanely stupid things for years now about me personally, about my organization, and about the investigation, we undertook to find out if the president posed a threat to national security," McCabe began. "I won't get down in the weeds with the president and exchange insults on Twitter or TV or anywhere else, but the question we should be asking is: why do we have a president who feels necessary to attack individuals? Individuals -- private citizens, individuals who serve in our government -- to attack personally when he's scared of the truth that they have to offer."

Continue Reading
 
 

Copyright © 2019 Raw Story Media, Inc. PO Box 21050, Washington, D.C. 20009 | Masthead | Privacy Policy | For corrections or concerns, please email [email protected]

I need your help.

Investigating Trump's henchmen is a full time job, and I'm trying to bring in new team members to do more exclusive reports. We have more stories coming you'll love. Join me and help restore the power of hard-hitting progressive journalism.

TAKE A LOOK
close-link

Investigating Trump is a full-time job, and I want to add new team members to do more exclusive reports. We have stories coming you'll love. Join me and go ad-free, while restoring the power of hard-hitting progressive journalism.

TAKE A LOOK
close-link