
CNN's John Berman was chilled by King Charles' official statement following the arrest of his brother, the former Prince Andrew, following new revelations of his close ties to sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
The king had stripped his younger brother of his remaining royal titles in October and he was stripped of his final honorary military rank of vice admiral in December, and he was forced to vacate his longtime home in the Royal Lodge earlier this month, and he was arrested Thursday morning on his 66th birthday.
"I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office," the king said in a statement. "What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation."
"Let me state clearly: the law must take its course," his statement added. "As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all."
The "CNN News Central" anchor was struck by the distance King Charles placed between himself and his brother.
"The chilly formality with the very first line speaks volumes, as well," Berman said. "'I learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor' – not my brother, not my brother, but Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor – speaks volumes."




