Quantcast
Connect with us

More gunshots fired overnight at Minneapolis protests: ‘CALL THIS WHAT THE F*CK IT IS — TERRORISM’

Published

on

More gunshots were fired overnight at the site of ongoing protests of the Minneapolis police killing of Jamar Clark.

Police confirmed that shots were fired about 2 a.m. Wednesday near the Fourth Precinct, where five Black Lives Matters protesters were wounded about 27 hours before during a dispute with three white men, reported the Washington Post.

Authorities were unable to provide any details about the latest shooting — including information about who fired the shots or why.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reports of the gunfire circulated early Wednesday on social media, where video was posted online showing the moments shortly after the shots were fired.

The video shows demonstrators running for cover behind a barricade or lying flat on the ground near their campfires as activists shouted “get down.”

“F*ck this laying down shit,” one activist shouts. “Let’s shoot back.”

Police arrested three men Tuesday afternoon in connection with the shootings and released a fourth man after questioning.

ADVERTISEMENT

A spokeswoman for the local NAACP chapter claimed the police department allowed the men to bully protesters for days and stood by during the shooting and initially refused to help the victims.

Authorities have been reluctant to agree with witnesses who described the men as white supremacists, but social media posts by the suspects reveal frequent use of racial slurs and a fascination with Confederate imagery and right-wing militia groups.

The suspects — identified by police as 23-year-old Allen “Lance” Scarsella, 21-year-old Nathan Gustavsson and 26-year-old Daniel Macey — have not been formally charged but remain jailed on suspicion of assault.

Emails and online videos show the men plotted to disrupt the protests — and activists said they appeared daily since last week, wearing military clothing, masks and bulletproof armor as they recorded video of demonstrators’ faces and harassed them at their camps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Their supporters claim the men acted in self-defense after witnesses said they were punched during an altercation with protesters, who asked them to take off their masks or leave, but many people have described the men as “terrorists.”

ADVERTISEMENT

The second night of gunfire has only strengthened that view for some.

ADVERTISEMENT

Watch video recorded after the shooting and posted online by Unicorn Riot:

Report typos and corrections to [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Republican lawmakers ask judge to destroy smoking gun documents proving GOP’s white supremacy

Published

on

Republicans on Monday sought a court order to block damning documents from being used against them in a lawsuit.

"North Carolina Republican lawmakers on Monday asked a court to make sure the files of the now-deceased GOP strategist Tom Hofeller are destroyed, or at least kept secret, instead of being used in a high-profile gerrymandering lawsuit," the Raleigh News & Observer reported.

"The filing comes after the groups behind the lawsuit, including Common Cause, accused Republican lawmakers of making false statements in court in a previous gerrymandering case, when the state’s 2011 maps were ruled unconstitutional," the newspaper noted. "That blockbuster accusation made national headlines and was, it said, based on Hofeller’s files which had been secret until recently."

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump angrily demands newspaper reveal unnamed sources behind bombshell report on his Russia policy

Published

on

President Donald Trump on Monday evening again lashed out at The New York Times for reporting on his Russia policy.

"The story in The New York Times about the U.S. escalating attacks on Russia’s power grid is fake news, and the failing New York Times knows it," Trump argued in a tweet sent after 10 p.m.

"They should immediately release their sources which, if they exist at all, which I doubt, are phony," he continued.

"Times must be held fully accountable," he demanded.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1140804748423118848

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Trump seethes and calls Fox ‘fake news’ after seeing a story that made him mad

Published

on

Trouble appears to be brewing between President Donald Trump and the cable news station he loves: Fox News.

In a tweet Monday night, the president lashed out at the network over its polling and called it “fake news’ — an epithet he usually reserves for mainstream outlets:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1140768516288782336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Media Matters for America Senior Fellow Matthew Gertz, who has previously noted that Trump appears to record news segments and watch them a few hours later, suggested that the president appeared to be reacting to an earlier segment from Special Report with Bret Baier. The segment showed that, even according to Fox News’ polling, Trump trails every single leading candidate in the Democratic field in head-to-head matchups.

Continue Reading
 
 

Copyright © 2019 Raw Story Media, Inc. PO Box 21050, Washington, D.C. 20009 | Masthead | Privacy Policy | For corrections or concerns, please email [email protected]

I need your help.

Investigating Trump's henchmen is a full time job, and I'm trying to bring in new team members to do more exclusive reports. We have more stories coming you'll love. Join me and help restore the power of hard-hitting progressive journalism.

TAKE A LOOK
close-link

Investigating Trump is a full-time job, and I want to add new team members to do more exclusive reports. We have stories coming you'll love. Join me and go ad-free, while restoring the power of hard-hitting progressive journalism.

TAKE A LOOK
close-link