During a Wednesday press conference in Florida, GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump made a number of comments that seemed off the wall. Here are some of his most outrageous-seeming comments.
1. Trump claimed he doesn't know Russian president Vladimir Putin, but also said he wants friendlier ties with Russia. Trump has been facing scrutiny recently over allegations that his campaign is being influenced by Russian government forces.
"I never met Putin, I don't know who Putin is," Trump said. "He said one nice thing about me. He said I'm a genius."
Trump said he'd rather have Russia "friendly... so that we can go and knock out ISIS together with other people... Wouldn't it be nice if we got along with, as an example, Russia?"
Here's Trump saying he doesn't know who Putin is:
2. Trump said Russians will be rewarded by the American news media for sending hackers to invade Democratic rival Hillary Clinton's email.
"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing," Trump said. "I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.
Here, Trump says Russians will be rewarded for hacking Clinton:
3. Trump also vowed to "bring jobs back from Mexico, which is booming."
Trump said he has a friend, who he did not name, who builds manufacturing plants. "And I said, 'How's it going?' He said, 'Unbelievable... Mexico is unbelievable. The plants I'm building in Mexico, I've never seen anything -- it's the eighth wonder of the world.'"
Here, Trump refers to Mexico as the "eighth wonder of the world":
4. Trump also incorrectly said several times that Clinton's running mate, former Virginia governor Tim Kaine, did a "terrible job in New Jersey."
"Her running mate, Tim Kaine, who by the way did a terrible job in New Jersey," Trump said. "First act he did in New Jersey was ask for a $4 billion tax increase and he was not very popular in New Jersey and he still isn't."
He was then corrected by someone in the press, and said, "What? I mean Virginia."
Here, Trump mistakes Kaine for being from New Jersey, when he was in fact governor of Virginia.
5. Although Trump earlier said he had never met Putin, he said Putin called President Barack Obama the N-word.
"He mentioned the N-word one time," Trump said, referencing Putin. "I was shocked to hear him mention the N-word. You know what the N-word is, right? He mentioned it. I was shocked. He has a total lack of respect for President Obama. Number one, he doesn't like him. And number two, he doesn't respect him. I think he's gonna respect your president if I'm elected, and I hope he likes me."
Here, Trump says Putin called Obama the N-word:
6. When a reporter told Trump that former New York representative Anthony Weiner may challenge his son, Donald Trump Jr., in a run for the New York City mayor's office, Trump said Weiner is a "proven loser."
"I mean the poor guy, he's locked up in a room, they lock him up in a room, they don't let him out," Trump said. "My son doesn't want to run for mayor."
Here's Trump saying Weiner is locked in a room: