Quantcast
Connect with us

CNN panel agrees Sean Spicer can’t be trusted: He already ‘has people comparing him to Baghdad Bob’

Published

on

If the White House intends to use “alternative facts,” CNN’s Brian Stelter urges the media to shout out the actual facts louder.

In a Monday morning panel on CNN’s “New Day” host Chris Cuomo outright called press secretary Sean Spicer’s numbers about Trump’s crowd size “wrong” and explained that Trump’s White House is now claiming they were given incorrect information.

ADVERTISEMENT

Media analyst Bill Carter couldn’t believe this was the first thing Trump’s administration chose to do out of the gate.

“I mean he has people comparing him to Baghdad Bob the first day in office, saying, ‘I can’t trust this guy,'” said Carter.

Baghdad Bob is the nickname given to former Iraqi Information Minister Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf, who intentionally distributed false information and propaganda to boost morale among the Iraq army in the early days of the last Iraq War.

Stelter argued that every press secretary and politician spins but that Spicer’s outright false facts are outside the norm and both Stelter and Carter agreed that it was different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Stelter cited Spicer’s incorrect title for the leader of another country, false information about the setup of the inauguration and even the weather. The White House claimed that it was sunny “when in fact, it was cloudy at the time,” Stelter said.

“There’s a pattern from the top. From the president and from Sean Spicer, not spinning but having completely misstated the facts,” Stelter explained. “But, listen, he may have had this information from the wrong people, that’s a legitimate issue. But I think that speaks to a bigger a problem about this new administration.”

Carter cited Trump’s speech to the CIA in which Trump alleged that the rift between the CIA and Trump was an invention of the press because they put out actual statements that Trump made about intelligence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Stelter said that the new White House clearly feels they are under siege and Cuomo noted that it was evidenced by the fact that Spicer refused to take questions.

“This just isn’t a debate,” Cuomo said. “A picture tells a thousand words and they’re all true!”

You can see the full video below:

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

2020 Election

GOP’s cancellation of presidential primaries could blow up in Trump’s face — here’s why

Published

on

In recent weeks, Republican state party committees have been moving to cancel presidential primaries to prevent Never-Trump conservatives, like former Reps. Joe Walsh (R-IL) and Mark Sanford (R-SC) and former Gov. Bill Weld (R-MA), from challenging the president from the right. So far, Republicans in Arizona, Kansas, Nevada, and South Carolina have all announced they will scrap the voting process for 2020.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Mike Pence should be investigated for his part in Ukraine negotiations and ‘we need some answers’: Ex-prosecutor

Published

on

On MSNBC's "AM Joy" Saturday, former federal prosecutor Joyce Vance agreed with host Joy Reid that Vice President Mike Pence could be involved in the Ukraine whistleblower cover-up — and that Congress needs to act to learn the truth for the American people.

"Let me go to you on this very quickly, Joyce, because here's the question for Mike Pence," said Reid. "Mike Pence has been sort of severed from all of the other questions that are relating to potential impeachment for Donald Trump, that the House is wrestling with right now, but if Pence ... went in knowing why the aid was being held up, went in and spoke to the leader of Ukraine knowing what stick the administration had over them, and in that way was drawn in to this idea of using that stick to try to get what they wanted from Ukraine, does he then face the jeopardy of perhaps also being drawn into the questions of impeachment?"

Continue Reading
 

Facebook

‘We’re not through’: After biggest climate protest in history draws 4 million worldwide, campaigners prepare for week of action

Published

on

"September 20th was a demonstration of intent, of 4 million people who took time off from work or school to say that they are ready to move on and make the changes we need."

As organizers behind Friday's Global Climate Strike reported that four million children and adults attended marches and rallies all over the world—making it the biggest climate protest ever—they assured leaders who have been reticent to take bold climate action that the campaigners' work is far from over.

Continue Reading
 
 
Help Raw Story Investigate and Uncover Injustice. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1 and go ad-free.
close-image